A FATHER-of-six died after he suffered a fatal allergic reaction to a bee sting.
Author: Sarah Ann Harris Source: Express Published: 17:11, Wed, August 27, 2014
Although it is thought he was able to administer the adrenaline shot after he was stung on July 28, the 46-year-old died four days later in hospital.
Today friends paid tribute to Mr Calcraft, who grew up in Wales before moving to Chelmsford, Essex.
He was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and leaves behind his wife, Natasha, and children Tom, Sam, Joel, Sarah, Rhonin and Arija.
Former colleague Peter Holmes, 62, from Shoebury, Essex said: “”hat has happened is a terrible tragedy. Everybody is shocked.
“I am still in touch with people I worked with and we all can’t believe what has happened. It’s hit us all hard.”
He added: “Luke was an altruistic character. He worked hard trying to persuade various authorities to do certain things for the benefit of residents’ safety.
“A lot of his spare time was spent working on road safety.
“It was something he was very passionate about and gave a lot of his time to it. He was a very popular man and people felt good about having him around.
“I will remember him for being very good at his job. He was a decision maker, but also very diplomatic.
“He loved the company and gave so much to the business and to Southend.”
In 2012 the family moved from Essex to Pennsylvania, USA, where Mr Calcraft was president of the medical systems group Olympus Corp.
A spokesperson for Olympus in America said: “We are deeply saddened by the sudden and unexpected loss of our friend and colleague, Luke Calcraft, president of the Medical Systems Group at Olympus Corporation of the Americas.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with Luke’s family and friends.”
Many of his colleagues spoke fondly of the married father, who was also an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.